Wednesday 14 December 2011

Summer of 2008/09

Rod has become quite skilled at painting backdrops. He was very proud of one cluster of trees that he painted at Davis. I think I broke his heart when I told him that they'd be hidden behind one of my buildings. "Oh yeah", he said. "I had to move that building to paint the trees!" LOL

Here's Rod painting trees at Dougherty:

























Rod also took away my half-built kit for the Big Canyon quarry, and then finished and weathered it. Here it is, back in place at Big Canyon:

























I believe that the kit (the Walthers Glacier Gravel kit) was based on the actual Dolese Bros. structure that stood at Big Canyon. It certainly looks like a selectively compressed version of the real structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment