Saturday 28 March 2015

SFRSD Directors' Special

Here are a few short videos I made with my phone camera at our monthly operating session at Rod's place last night.  The videos are a bit shaky because I was holding the camera as I was panning to follow the train.

The Directors' Special is a set of Kato streamlined passenger cars pulled by a pair of BLI E8A/B locomotives.

The videos can be viewed in full screen mode within Blogger, but the quality is degraded considerably from the original. So under each video I have included the link to the YouTube version. 

In this first one the train is approaching and entering Red Rock:
 

Here the train is approaching Perry:
 
YouTube

In this final one the train has left Perry and is making its way to Guthrie:
 
The proud fellow at the end of the third video is Rod.  In the background is Greg, who was our Dispatcher for the session.

Once again my little phone-camera has surprised me with its capabilities. I might never use my point-and-shoot camera again. When I have a little more time I'll stitch the three into a single video. Right now I have to go pack for a trip to Port MacDonnell and Coonawarra.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Ron

2 comments: