Saturday 30 May 2020

Pauls Valley update

One month ago today I posted a "work in progress" photo to show that I had started on the scenery at Pauls Valley. The work has been proceeding slower than I would have liked, due in part to the time it takes to ballast track, and in part to the number of times I've stripped off scenery attempts that I didn't like. The very front corner in my previous photo is a great example of what I mean by that - the latest incarnation of that corner is my 4th attempt (and I'm pretty happy with it now.)

So, for the purpose of comparison, today I packed up my tools and materials, and took some photos to show how the work is proceeding.

This is from early this year, before I started  on the scenery. Rod had just painted the tree line and gently rolling hills on the back wall.

This is one month ago, after I started:

This is today. The corner at the bottom centre has been done four times, and now has a gentle hill on it, which will have a small group of trees.

This is also today, but I set my buildings in place and added a few cars:

This is just the base scenery level. I still have to add a lot of trees, bushes and underbrush particularly in the dark green areas which will be forested.

Here are a couple of photos showing how the industry structures are looking. First up is Jacobson Concrete, which I've modelled as closely as I can from photos. I still have to add an elevator for the drilling mud storage tank, and add a pre-mix concrete facility on the vacant area to the left. Yes, the buildings really are set up on concrete platforms.

The Pauls Valley grain elevator. I intended to re-use some structures from a model that I made for my N-trak module, but I've rebuilt most of it since then. I still a lot of work to do on this.

And to finish, here's how the downtown area with the depot is looking. There is still more work to be done here too, including ballasting the yard itself.

I still want to get a lot more done before I try for another operating session.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Ron

1 comment:

  1. Looking very good Ron. It should look even better when you start adding the trees and stuff.

    ReplyDelete