Thursday 16 January 2020

This day in history ...

I was looking at some old photos and realised that today is a noteworthy anniversary in the history of my GC&SF Railway.  Fifteen years ago today I laid a temporary main track around the layout peninsula that now contains my townships of Dougherty and Big Canyon, and the first trains around that peninsula met at a point just south of the present day location of Dougherty.

Here is a photo of that happy event, together with a photo of my very good friends Vic, John and Rod who came over about a month or so earlier to help me install the pre-assembled skyboard for the peninsula. Actually, Vic, John and Rod did all the installation. I just stood back with my fingers crossed hoping that I had built the skyboard correctly.

First trains around the Dougherty - Big Canyon peninsula.





(L-R) Vic, John and Rod installing the skyboard between Dougherty and Big Canyon.













































I really should get stuck into building the scenery on this peninsula, but recently I've been focussing on Pauls Valley.

EDIT ...

For clarity, I have actually started the scenery on this peninsula. I just have a lot more to do.


Regards,
Ron

1 comment: