Tuesday 8 April 2014

BLI locos have arrived

Last August John C brought his BLI ALCo PA/PB/PA set over to my operating session, for show-and-tell. I was so impressed that I immediately ordered a PA/PB set from the latest production run.

I finally received the locos this week, and they are very impressive.  The 'stainless steel' looks a little too gold in colour to my eyes, and the stirrups are a bit clunky (see photo below), but otherwise these are VERY nice locos.

Here's how the pair look sitting on the siding at Wynnewood:





















This crop from the previous photo shows the stirrups.  They seem to have too much paint on them.





















Here's a link to a short video of the locos in action.
 

The batteries in my camera ran out before I finished recording, so I'll have another go at this.

Thanks for looking in.

Regards,
Ron

1 comment:

  1. Look pretty darn good to me and first sound on the GC&SF yea
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete