Friday 18 October 2013

New (sort of) 'puter for the layout

The old laptop that I've been using to run JMRI/DecoderPro and Stan's Fast Clock has been giving me a bit of grief whenever I try to operate JMRI WiThrottle server. The network between the laptop and the wireless router kept dropping out for no reason that we could identify.

So yesterday I installed an old desk-top PC and monitor in place of the lappie. I installed DecoderPro and added my loco roster, so you can select the loco you want to use from the list provided on the smart-phone:






















To be honest though, I think that it will probably be quicker to just enter the loco number than to scroll through the list of nearly 50 locomotives for the one you're after.

Greg and Brendan will no doubt be pleased that I have this sorted now, as they sometimes use their smart-phones as throttles.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Ron


No comments:

Post a Comment