Sunday 14 January 2018

Working on the railroad, again.

During the past week I've spent some time restaging trains and preparing the layout for my next operating session (to be held on a date which has still to be decided.)  In the process I added four more Intermountain ice refrigerator cars (because I love them) and removed about ten other cars from the operating system. I feel that I still have too many cars on the layout, and I'm thinking of ways to address that.

The cars that are not in use are still on the layout, and form a train that sits on a hidden staging yard track that is not used during ops sessions.  About half of those cars are ones that I should probably sell off or give away as I no longer want to run them on the layout (for one reason or another).  The rest get swapped out from time to time with other cars, just to change things up a bit.

This train has now grown to 27 cars, and is the longest train on the layout. I can, and have, run longer trains, but for ops sessions my freight trains are limited to 2 locos, 21 cars and a caboose, as that's all that can fit on my arrival/departure tracks without interfering with other tracks.

Here's a video of this train running southbound through Davis:
 

While I was at it, I also filmed my track-cleaning train as it ran laps around the layout:


Regards,
Ron

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. Boy how the scenery has changed the look of the GC&SF RR
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete